Pat with John Hume and Dolores Kelly MLA at Magee
Pat Ramsey MLA in Magee's Robotics Lab
Pat with Prof Heenan and Prof Barnett at Magee
Pat on introduction of Cycle Helmet Bill
Pat with student reps on opposing fees increase
Pat with Citizens Advice Chiefs in Stormont
Pat at Guidedog Awareness Event
Pat raising awareness of discrimination against LGBT community
Pat supporting Amnesty International
Pat has been a public representative for over 20 years. In that time, he has fought for the people of Foyle on many issues:
- Young people: Pat set up the Shadow Council and the position of Junior Mayor during his year as Mayor in 1999.
- Students: As the DEL Spokesperson and a member of the DEL Committee Pat has consistently opposed any rise in student fees and has sought to protect Apprenticeships.
- Vulnerable people: Pat has been a strong supporter of the Austim Bill at Stormont and is a recognised champion for those with disabilities
- Older people: Pat has always stood up for the older generation in our society in the provision of Health and Social Care services
Pat has held various positions within the Party and in the Assembly which reflect his experience and dedication:
- SDLP: Spokesperson for: Culture, Arts and Leisure 2007-09, Employment and Learning 2009-; Chief Whip 2009-; Member, Assembly Commission 2010-.
- Assembly: Member of the Assembly Commission, DEL Committee and Business Committee
- Important issues: Disability Group 2008-, Pro-Life Assembly Group 2008-; Treasurer Visual Impairment Assembly Group 2009-.